Thursday 23 April 2009

It's not me , it's you...

I've noticed lately that when I point to a photo of Jack or his reflection in a mirror (and boy does he love a mirror) and ask him who it is that he says, "You!"
I realise that I am the cause of this because for months I've been pointing at photos and saying, "Look, it's you," but what is the solution? I can't say, " no, it's me" because that could get confusing and a bit Groucho Marx. For the moment I'm having a chuckle until I work out a way around it.
I may have said this before, but every day Jack says new words and it's very entertaining. Before Easter I asked him what he wanted and he replied, "beer" and looked puzzled when we fell about laughing. He now also says (apart from many other 'normal' words) bum, boob, burp and fart. The last one after he had just done one. To say he was very pleased with himself would be an understatement.
Still, I have to say I'm pleased that we don't have the problem a friend has with her little boy. The other he walked though the room saying, "F**k!, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, !" in front of Nana and myself. My friend tried to rescue the situation by saying, "Oh Darling I think you mean truck," but he just looked at her and said, "no, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k!"
Surely me laughing couldn't have helped but it was very funny.

No comments: