Saturday 14 February 2009

Books

We went to the Junee library the other day so S could get a book. I didn't need any because I have a huge stack of lovely reading materials from Christmas and my birthday. But I'm in one of those moods where I can't settle on the kind of book I want to read and when we went to the library I went a bit bonkers. The final tally was S = 1 book, Jack = 6 books and me = 7 books. How did that happen? How could I resist? And I must admit two of Jack's books were really for me. I just love Bob Graham and Lauren Child.
And it's funny, I've always wanted to be in a book group and over the years the idea's been raised and then it just sort of peters out and now all of a sudden I'm in two. One is online, thanks to Amy who ran with the idea immediately. We each submit the book we're currently reading and write a blurb if we feel the urge or have worked out how to do that. The other is one with some local mums and is still getting off the ground but I'm determined to get it going. The first meeting is in March and we'll be discussing the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency while we sip our chardonnay. Looking forwad to that.

No comments: