Friday 17 October 2008

Piratical fun at the Library

I heard a rumour that the storytime this week would be on pirates (my favourite) and so I found Jack's pirate costume (supplied by his uncle Zippy) and we set off to town on the good ship Wilhemina (that would be the Echo). Luckily the rumour was right and Jack cut quite a figure in his buccaneer garb.
Chrissie was doing storytime and she did a fantastic job as always. She sang a funny pirate song that she wrote herself and recited this parrot verse
Oh there was a pirate parrot in our little pirate store,
And it phfft on the counter and it phfft on the floor,
And it phfft on the sugar and it phfft on the bread,
And if I hadn't ducked it would've phfft on my head.
And after a very piratical craft she sang my favourite song, Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo and Jack posed for a few photos.

No comments: