Sunday 5 September 2010

sewing

'Jack and Justine'

I've been doing some sewing again recently. Most of my stash is packed away in storage (still) but I managed to keep a few bits and pieces aside in case I felt the need to whip up an owl or a doll. The professor (Jeans) is starting work at the library today so I made her a little owl to make her new desk more welcoming and added a monster drawing from Jack. Jack liked her owl so much he asked me to make him one so I did. For one day they played together till I cruelly separated them taking 'Jack' to the library and leaving 'Justine' behind. (Jack named them).

Jack's new friends

The other thing I made was an Olive doll or another Olive (Jack already has one). Olive II is for Miss Evie, the beautiful daughter of a friend who recently had a christening.

I made Evie some red Mary Jane booties with ladybug buttons so I gave some to Olive too. S told me he thought she looked good (Olive that is) except for a mild case of encephalitis and she does indeed have a wonky head. That just shows that she's handmade or unique or something.

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Aww they are so cute! I love the owl especially (I have a bit of a fascination for owls!) :P

jetlagmama@themanor said...

me two - there's just something about them

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I meant to ask, have you seen http://hungoverowls.tumblr.com/ ? :)