Dinobics butter biscuits
- 250g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups (260g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour
- Coloured cachou
- Hundreds and thousands
- Halved glace cherries
- Sifted icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, cream butter, sugar and vanilla on high speed until light and creamy. Beat in egg yolk. Beat in flour and cornflour on low speed until a smooth dough forms. Gently knead on a lightly floured surface. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Roll out dough between sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut out different shapes from dough using 6-7cm cookie cutters. Re-roll any leftover dough and repeat. Place biscuits on baking trays, leaving about 5cm between each. Bake for 12 minutes or until pale golden. Remove from oven, cool on tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate biscuits with icing or dust with icing sugar.